We're diving deep into the Magic Pages exclusive Ghost theme "Kyiv". In this part of the series we will have a look at the testimonial section of the home page.
You can find the finished site on the theme's demo website: https://kyiv.magicpages.co/
For any small business owner, service provider, or content creator, testimonials are the lifeblood of building trust with potential customers. It's that essential social proof that validates your claims.
When a visitor sees other people vouching for your services or products, it demonstrates your credibility and shows potential clients that others have had positive experiences with you.
Moreover, it's not just about having testimonials, but displaying them prominently and aesthetically on your website is key. With the Kyiv theme, you can do just that – without 3rd party plugins.
How to Add Testimonials with Kyiv Theme
The process of adding testimonials to the Kyiv theme is quite similar to the process we have used for the features section. Each testimonial is a post again – but this time we apply the tag "testimonials".
- Creating a New Post: Inside the admin panel of your Ghost site, create a new post.
- Entering Details: The title of your post should be the name of the person giving you a testimonial, e.g. "Jannis Fedoruk-Betschki, web designer". The content of your post is then the testimonial itself.
- Avoid Formatting: For the best visual outcome, try not to add any unique formatting. Just stick to plain text. The Kyiv theme will wrap the content in a
<blockquote>...</blockquote>HTML tag for accessibility.
- Using Tags: After adding the testimonial text, remember to add "testimonials" as a tag. This ensures that it displays correctly in the testimonial section of your website.
- Publishing the Testimonial: After you’ve filled in all the details, simply hit the publish button.
Tips for Displaying Testimonials
- Quantity Matters: You're not limited to displaying just a single testimonial. Whether you want to show one, two, or a dozen, it's entirely up to you. Just create one post per testimonial.
- Symmetry is Key: For aesthetic purposes, it's advised to display testimonials in pairs, for example, two, four, or six. This ensures that there's no awkward empty space on your testimonials page.
Now, head over to the next post in this series: Kyiv Theme: #6 Testimonials Section